Origins Game Fair FAQ
- Does the Origins Game Fair “sell out”?
- Do the Ribbons sell out?
- Do Events sell out?
- What if I show up outside of the hours posted for Registration?
- Can I participate in a $0 event without a badge?
- Can I authorize a friend or family member to pick up my badge for me?
- Will Day Passes be available this year? What day(s)?
- How do I register for events?
- What credentials are required for an Educators Hall Pass?
1. Does the Origins Game Fair “sell out”?
Theoretically Origins could sell out as we are limited by space but for all intents and purposes NO, Origins does not sell out. There will be a badge for everyone that wants to attend. Back to top.
2. Do the Ribbons sell out?
Yes. While it doesn’t typically occur, the number of ribbons we sell is based on the space and size of the program area. Back to top.
3. Do Events sell out?
Ticketed events can sell out due to limited space. Back to top.
4. What if I show up outside of the hours posted for Registration?
Currently Origins limits it’s registration hours. Registration opens at 7am, one hour before the first scheduled events. If you arrive after registration closes you will need to pick up your items the next day. Back to top.
5. Can I participate in a $0 event without a badge?
No. Participating in any official Origins event requires a badge. Back to top.
6. Can I authorize a friend or family member to pick up my badge for me?
That depends. Badges pre-registered before the show are sent an email with a barcode. If you give a copy of that email to another person they may scan it to claim your badge at a Pre-Registration counter. Badges requiring ID (Military and Educators) must be picked up by the person to whom the badge is registered. Child badges ( ages 9 and under) must be picked up by a parent or guardian. The child must be present in order to claim the badge.
7. Will Day Passes be available this year? Which day?
Origins will offer the Family Day pass this year and only on Sunday. A family is up to 2 adults and 4 children under 18. Back to top.
- Click Registration Tab on the menu bar
- Click on “Begin Registration”, or, if you already have a badge, click “Access My Registration” to log into your record.
- Click on “Edit My Registration” under your total cost on the page, or use the “Quickly Jump To” drop down menu to get to the event selection page.
- If you clicked “Edit My Registration”, page through to find the “Event Selection” page.
- Use the filter tool to search for the event you want.
- Add the event to your itinerary
- Once you are finished adding events, click “Next” to Page through to the payment page.
- If you used the “Quickly Jump To” option clicking next will return you to your registration’s main page. Click the “Fees and Payments” tab.
- Review your balance and make a payment to complete your event registration process.
*IMPORTANT: Please review your balance due before making your payment. If the amount due appears incorrect, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your balance adjusted. DO NOT MAKE A PAYMENT ON AN INCORRECT BALANCE. Refunds for overpayment are subject to a $10 administrative fee. Back to top.
9. What credentials are required for an Educators Hall Pass?
Educators must show teacher identification (faculty ID, OE card, current license or certification along with photo ID). Home School Educators must provide an affidavit of home school, letter from their school district, or membership ID from an official Home School Association (PEAH, HSLA, or state Home School Association). Early Childhood Educators must provide current license or certification issued by local, state, or federal government and a photo ID. Back to top.