Electronic Gaming Room (Grand Ballroom 2)
At A Glance
Hours: Thursday – Saturday 10am- 10pm, Sunday 10am – 4pm
Price: $6 per Hour before 4pm / $8 per Hour after 4pm.
$20 full day access.
How does it work?
With your Origins badge and purchasing play time, you gain access to unlimited console gaming hosted by the Nexus Gaming Alliance Inc. In the eGame Arena players of all ages in skill level gather in celebration of intense console gaming action. Come stop by for a quick game between events, or stay for the whole show and step your game to the next level.
With your paid entry to the eGame arena all games inside are free play to (including arcade machines!). Tournaments will have separate entry fees. We have next-gen and classic consoles, so you don’t have to worry about a variety of systems. If you want to see a certain game or if you have any questions on how to play, please ask any uniformed Nexus Gaming Alliance staffer for easy assistance. If you want to play games on an arcade stick or any custom controller, feel free to bring your own.
In our quest to find Origin’s elite gamers, tournaments will take place throughout the weekend. Sign-ups for all tournaments will be at the HQ table inside the arena.
All tournaments have a roll-call to assure attendance. Please make sure to check in 5 minutes before the start of any event. If you show up late, you very well could lose your spot in the tournament. Don’t let that happen to you!
Scheduled events and tournaments have a ticket price, and you will need to either purchase a ticket to that event or have enough generic tickets to play.
2pm- Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition (PS3)
5pm- Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii)
8pm- James Bond 64: GoldenEye FFA (N64)
11am- Pong (Atari)
2pm- Smash Bros. Impossible (Various)
5pm- Dance Dance Revolution (arcade)
8pm- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3)
11am- Killer Instinct Gold (N64)
2pm- Tetris! (PS3)
5pm- Just Dance 2014 (360 Kinnect)
8pm- Retro Gaming Gauntlet (PC)
11am- Towerfall (PS4)
2pm- Street Fighter Puzzle Fighter (PS3)
What you should know
- Have a question? Need help? Do not be afraid to ask Nexus Gaming Alliance staff members that will be on site. Just look for the branded NGA shirts.
- Just because you have purchased a tournament event ticket does not mean you are in a tournament. You must bring your event ticket to the eGame Arena operations table and get signed in.
- No matter what day it is, you can always remember that we open at 10AM each morning.
- All Kinect and Split Screen events will be held in the “Projector Alley” where gamers will be put on the biggest screens of the eGames arena giving it their all.
- The Retro tournament has been the tournament to be at every year with exciting classics and a new spin on the hard games from the 8 & 16 bit generation. This tournament if round based so consistency is more important than winning big once because the highest cumulative score wins it all. Some classics will be instantly recognizable while others will be a blast from the past.
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has been igniting the fighting game scene every tournament. As it’s legions of fans grows this tournament will boil into the tournament at Origins. Thanks to Capcom releasing countless patches and new characters on the daily this tournament is a great way to hone your skills with top level players and get even on the playing field. What may work today could be gone tomorrow so it’s anybodies game.
- Smash Bro. Impossible is the brain child of NGA. Proving to be a test of the strong willed and for those seeking something new and exciting. 70+ challenges/ stipulations will be put on each match throughout the tournament. Will be stuck with a character, stage selection, item specialities? Who knows! That’s the beauty of Smash Impossible!
No tournament listing would be complete without the quintessential fighter Street Fighter. This year Arcade edition will be in full effect bringing back SFIII’s twins Yun and Yang.
- All tournament rules can be found at our website: www.NGAgamers.com
About Nexus Gaming Alliance (NGA)
In the year 20XX, video game rooms were bland and almost cookie-cutter experiences. Then, the Nexus Gaming Alliance was formed.
The Alliance is a combination of various talents brought together to form the ultimate experience in gaming. Their collection is a testament to their love for collecting classic consoles, current-generation consoles and arcade machines to make sure to provide the best experience possible. The tournaments they run are not only efficient but use up-to-date rules and configurations set by community standards. They even offer other fun contests and competitions over the weekend open to any attendee that shows up; in the past it’s ranged from a trivia contest to raffles or live performances from local music talents.
The Nexus Gaming Alliance is here to provide you with a gaming experience out of the ordinary. Join the Revolution.