The Origins Game Fair Costume Contest is a chance for costume enthusiasts to show off their hard work and passion for dressing up like popular anime, comic book, fantasy, literary, and science fiction inspired characters.
The event will take place Saturday at 2:00pm in Ballroom 5 located on the upper level of the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Entrants should arrive at 1:00 PM to sign up and take their places for the show.
This event is designed to be a fun and interactive experience for both entrants and attendees! With that in mind, please listen carefully to the directions given by the contest coordinators and be respectful to your fellow contestants.
Each contestant will have sixty (60) seconds to perform on stage. You do not have to use the entirety of the time allocated if you do not wish to. This is your time to shine, so make the best of it!
Group entrants will be granted an additional 60 seconds per person, but are not to exceed 5 minutes. For example, two participants would be granted two minutes, three persons would be granted three minutes, and so forth. “Skits” are allowed but not mandatory.
During the performance portion of the contest, Origins Game Fair will not accept lighting effect or musical requests. (For example: turning off or dimming the stage lights, etc.)
Pictures and video of the participants will be taken during the performance portion of the judging process. These pictures and video are the property of Origins Game Fair and may be used for the advertising and promotion of future events and contests.
- You must have purchased an entry into Origins Game Fair in order to enter/present on stage for the Costume Contest.
- The Costume Contest is a family-oriented event. Please keep all costumes to a “PG-13″ rating (i.e. no nudity or overly revealing attire).
- No bought costumes. Costumes must be 50% crafted or more. You may purchase parts of a costume, but said parts must be disclosed during the judging process. If you are not the maker of your costume (and simply modeling), said creator of the costume must be present with you upon entry. If the costume wins an award, the award will go to the creator of the costume.
- All weapons and props must conform with Origins Game Fair rules, convention center policies, and local laws concerning carrying a weapon. If there is a question of doubt, don’t bring it.
- Please provide reference images of the character you are dressed as. We cannot guarantee the judges will know what your character looks like, so having something to compare to will help you as much as them! Please provide this image on a piece of paper to attach to your costume contest registration form. No digital images (i.e. cell phones, iPads, portable computers, tablets, etc.) or books can be submitted for your reference image. Please print the picture out for the judges.
- Each costume must be entered separately. The costumes may be presented on stage (and prejudged) together, but each costume is judged as a separate entry. Simply put: the “Best Themed Costume” award can only go to one individual and not a group.
- The contest will be limited to 75 entries total, so get to the contest in advance (see schedule above) with your costume contest form filled out! NOTE: Costume Contest registration is available in advance OR at the contest.
- Origins Game Fair reserves the right to modify, update, or amend the rules at any time… just in case.
- 1st Place
- 2nd Place
- 3rd Place
- 1st Place
- 2nd Place
- 3rd Place
- Judge #1
- Judge #2
- Judge #3
OVERALL Best of Show
- TV & Film
Congratulations to the 2016 Origins Costume Contest winners!